Maltodextrin, Potato Starch, Sugar, Wheat Flour, Tomato Powder, Salt, Yeast Extract (contains Barley), Vegetable Oil, Flavourings (contain Celery), Tomato Paste, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Barley Malt Extract, Ground Black Pepper, Thyme Extract, Colours (Plain Caramel, Beetroot Red, Paprika Extract), Citric Acid, Parsley, Black Pepper Extract, Smoke Flavouring
- Contains: Celery, Barley, Gluten, Wheat
- Store in cool, dry place. Keep cap closed when not in use. Product may clump if used over a steaming pan.
- Once opened, use within 3 months.
Preparation and Usage:
Directions: Shake generously during cooking or just before serving to add rich flavour (approximately 1 heaped teaspoon for 1 portion). Add more to taste.
The easy way to add flavour to all sort of dishes.
Shake in directly while cooking or sprinkle on to your dish just before serving to add rich flavour.
Great for livening up chicken, steaks, spare ribs, burgers
Hints and Tips
Sprinkle over chicken breasts before cooking for a rich barbecue flavour.
Coat pork spare ribs with a generous sprinkling of barbecue shake and flavour before cooking.
Sprinkle onto pork, beef or lamb steaks while cooking for a delicious barbecue flavour.
Mix with ketchup, honey and soy sauce to make a delicious marinade for any meat.
Sprinkle onto potato wedges before cooking to give them a delicious barbecue flavour.
Coat chicken drumsticks and thighs before cooking for delicious barbecue roast chicken.
Add to caramelised onions to make a delicious accompaniment to grilled meats.
Please shake well before use.
Cook the steaks on the barbecue for a deepest flavour.
Meal Type: main
Product Oxo BBQ Shake & Flavour
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 150g Sirloin Steaks
4 Tspns Oxo Shake & Flavour
1 Med Onion-Sliced
1 Tbspn Chopped Thyme Leaves
1 Tbspn Vegetable Oil
1. On a plate or bowl, sprinkle half the Barbecue Shake and Flavour over the steaks, making sure they are well covered. Cover and set aside.
2. In a non stick frying pan, heat the oil over a medium high heat and add the onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes until softened and starting to brown.
3. Add the remaining shake and flavour to the onions. Stir round to mix well and cook for a minute or two. Add the thyme and cook for another minute.
4. Remove the onions and place on baking tray. Make sure all the onions are scraped out of the pan.
5. Return the steaks to the pan over a medium/high heat. Cook for 2 minutes each side so they are nicely coloured.
6. Place them on top of the onions on the baking tray. Place into a 160°C preheated oven. Cook for 4-10 minutes depending on how well cooked you want your steak (the time will depend a lot on the shape and size, so check throughout cooking).
7. Remove from the oven and rest for a few minutes before serving. Serve the steak topped with a generous pile of the onions.
Serve with salad and new potatoes.
Oxo Pulled Pork
Even more delicious if finished on the barbecue.
Meal Type: Main
Product: Oxo BBQ Shake & Flavour
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 + Hours
2 kilo Boneless Pork Shoulder
75g Brown Sugar
3 Tbspns Oxo BBQ Shake & Flavour
1/2 Tbspn Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbspn Cumin
1 Tbspn Cracked Black Pepper
1 Tbspn Oregano
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Add the pork and smother with the spice mix.
3. Transfer the pork to a shallow baking dish and cover with cling film.
4. Leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours (Optional).
5. Preheat the oven to 130°C fan assisted.
6. Remove the cling film and pour in 150ml of water into the tin and cover the pork and tin with foil, pinching the foil round the edges to make a good seal.
7. Put the pork in the oven and cook for 5 hours.
8. After 5 hours turn the temperature up to 180°C and continue to cook for a further 30 min.
9. Take out the pork and place on a large wooden board.
10. Leave to rest for 15 minutes then pull it apart with 2 forks.
Serve in bread rolls with BBQ sauce, hot sauce and coleslaw.
- Plastic - Widely Recycled Jar
The Premier Group,
PO Box 66093,
The Premier Group,
PO Box 66093,
For queries, keep the pack and call 0800 374342
(ROI 1850 202929)
70 Grams ℮