- Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, reseal with tab provided.
Vegetable risotto with roasted tomatoes
Method: Oven, Hob
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
325g tomatoes on the vine
1tbsp olive oil
1 Litre vegetable stock
2 shallots, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
300g Tesco Arborio rice
300g baby spinach
zest and juice of 1 lemon
freshly ground black pepper
75g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat the oven to Gas 4, 180ºC. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Cut the tomatoes
into 4 bunches, drizzle with a little oil and place in the oven to roast for 10
2. Heat the stock in a pan to a simmer. Melt the butter and remaining olive oil
in a large pan, add the shallots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and
cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the rice and mix well, coating each grain in oil. Add a ladleful of the
hot stock to the rice and mix. Bring to a simmer as the liquid is absorbed by
the rice. Continue adding more stock, ladleful at a time, letting the rice
absorb it gradually. Altogether this process will take about 15-20 minutes,
until the rice is soft.
4. Add the spinach,lemon juice, zest, seasoning and half the Parmesan. Mix well
for 3 minutes, until the spinach is just wilting.
5. Top the dish with the remaining Parmesan and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,