Cornflour, Flavouring, Salt, Colour (Annatto)
- Store in a cool dry place.
800W 5 1/2 mins 900W 5 mins Heat on full powder for 3 minutes (800W/900W), stir then heat on full powder for another 2 minutes 30 seconds (800W)/ 2minutes (900W). Stir before serving.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
To make 1 pint (568ml) of custard, put 2 tablespoons (36g) of custard powder
into a basin with 1 tablespoon (18g) of sugar. Mix to a paste with a little
semi-skimmed milk taken from 1 pint (568ml)
Name of recipe suggestion: Apple Crumble and Custard
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: 3-4 cooking apples, 50g (2 oz) caster sugar, 150g (5 1/2 oz) plain
flour, 50g (2 oz) butter
1. Pre-heat th eoven to 190C/ Fan 170C/ Gas Mark 5
2. Peel, core and thinly slice the apples
3. Place in a 1 lite ovenproof dish and sprinkle with a little of the sugar
4.Pour over 30ml (2 tbsp) boiling water
5. Rub the butter in to the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs and mix in the
6. Sprinkle topping over the apples and bake for 35-45 minutes until golden
7. Serve with a generous portion of custard
For alternative creative recipes such as trifle, custard tarts or custard fairy
cakes visit our Real Food website
To Serve: 4
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,