Durum Wheat Semolina, Pasteurised Free Range Whole Egg (19%)
- Allergy Advice! For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place and once opened in an airtight container.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Not suitable for microwave cooking
Lasagne Al Forno
Cooking time:70-75 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
250g lean steak mince
250g pork mince
100ml red wine
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g canned, chopped tomatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
Béchamel Style Sauce
50g plain flour
8-10 Free Range Egg Lasagne sheets
4 tbsps Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Pre – heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the onion, celery, carrot and
garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the steak and
pork mince to the pan, mix until well combined, then fry until browned,
breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in the remaining meat sauce ingredients, bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 25-30 minutes.
4. Using a large saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat and add the flour
mixing well. Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in the milk,
bringing the temperature up to a simmering point, whisking continuously until
the sauce has thickened. Sprinkle with grated nutmeg to taste.
5. Grease an oven-proof dish and spread thin layers of meat sauce and béchamel
sauce over the bottom, arrange strips of lasagne on top, then cover with
another layer of meat sauce and béchamel sauce. Repeat the process making three
layers, alternating the lasagne strips and sauces. Cover the last layer with
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or
until brown. Serve immediately.
* Or for a quicker recipe, simply use one of our delicious Tesco Pasta Sauces!
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,