Durum Wheat Semolina
- For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, reseal using tab provided.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Fusilli with chunky sausage, tomatoes and
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
300g of Tesco Fusilli pasta
3 tsps fennel seeds
1 red chilli
2 tbsps olive oil
6 Italian sausages or any thick chunky sausage
1 tbsps dried oregano
200ml red wine
1x400g can of chopped tomatoes
3 tbsps of Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1.Crush the fennel seeds and finely dice the chilli, and then place to one side.
2.In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Squeeze the meat
out of the sausage skins and place it in the pan.
3.Using a wooden spoon break up the meat so that it resembles a course mince.
Add the fennels seeds and chilli and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the meat
turns golden brown in colour.
4. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
5. Once the meat has changed colour, stir in the oregano and red wine and allow
it to reduce by half.
6. Add the can of chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. When the pasta has cooked, drain and gently combine with the sausage meat
8. Add the parsley and 2/3 of the grated Parmesan and stir.
9. Serve immediately and season with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and
the remaining Parmesan.
* Or for a quicker recipe, simply use one of our delicious Tesco Pasta Sauces!
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,