- In certain weather conditions this sugar may harden. To soften, place the sugar
- in a basin, cover with a damp cloth and leave overnight.
- Store in a cool, dry place and once opened in an airtight container.
- Best before: see back of pack
Try this recipe...
GINGER TOPPED APPLE CRUMBLE
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
750g Apples (washed)
2 tbsp Tesco Golden Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp Tesco Plain Flour
1 tbsp Tesco Ground Cinnamon
For the Crumble:
100g Tesco Plain Flour
100g Unsalted Butter
50g Tesco Golden Granulated Sugar
50g Stem Ginger, Finely Chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/FAN 170°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. For the fruit: Peel, dice and remove the core and seeds of the apples. Toss
in the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Put the fruit mixture in a pan over a medium
heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, until the fruit is just soft.
3. For the crumble topping: Mix together the flour and butter, and crumble
between your fingers until the texture is of breadcrumbs consistency.
4. Stir in the sugar and stem ginger.
5. Spoon the fruit into an ovenproof dish. Spoon over the crumble topping,
making sure that it is evenly spread. Bake for 30 minutes, until light golden.
Serve with hot custard or cream
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,