Tesco One a Day Hayfever & allergy 10mg tablets Loratadine
Tesco one a day hayfever and allergy 10mg tablets.
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use.
To relieve the symptoms of hayfever and other allergies such as rash, itching
and urticaria (hives).
Front Left Side Of Leaflet -
ONE A DAY HAYFEVER & ALLERGY 10MG TABLETS
INFORMATION FOR THE USER
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information
This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to
take Loratadine carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- You must contact a doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects
not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets are and what they are
2. Before you take TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets
3. How to take TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets
6. Further information
1. WHAT TESCO ONE A DAY HAYFEVER & ALLERGY 10MG TABLETS ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE
This medicine contains Loratadine which belongs to a group of medicines called
antihistamines, which act to relieve the symptoms of allergies.
It can be used to relieve the symptoms of sneezing, runny and itchy nose and
eye irritation and other allergies such as pet and dust allergies. It can also
be used to treat raised symptoms of urticaria which is often known as hives and
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE TESCO ONE A DAY HAYFEVER & ALLERGY 10MG TABLETS
Do not take TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets:
- If you are allergic to Loratadine or any of the other ingredients in these
tablets (see "What is in TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets")
Front Right Side of Leaflet -
Take special care with TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets
Consult your doctor before taking TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg
tablets if you
- Have severe liver problems (you may need to take the medicine less often, see
"How to take TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets")
- Are having allergy tests, stop taking this medicine 48 hours before the test.
Taking other medicines
This medicine is not expected to affect any other medicines that you are
taking. If you are unsure about interactions with any medicines, talk to your
pharmacist. This includes medicines prescribed by your doctor and medicine you
have bought for yourself, including herbal and homeopathic remedies.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
The safe use of Loratadine during pregnancy has not been established. The use
of Loratadine is therefore not recommended. Loratadine is excreted in breast
milk, therefore is not recommended in breast-feeding women.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
These tablets can cause some people to feel drowsy. If you are affected do not
drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients
This medicine contains lactose, if you have been told by your doctor that you
have an intolerance to some sugars talk to your doctor before taking this
3. HOW TO TAKE TESCO ONE A DAY HAYFEVER & ALLERGY 10MG TABLETS
The following section contains instructions on how many tablets to take and
Back left side of leaflet:-
Do not exceed the stated dose below
Age How many to take How often to take
Adults and children of 12 years and over One tablet Once a day
Children of 2 to 11 years who weigh MORE THAN 30kg One tablet Once a day
Children of 2 to 11 years who weigh LESS THAN 30kg DO NOT GIVE this medicine to
children over 2 years of age and who weigh less than 30kg. A syrup form of this
medicine may be more suitable
Do not give to children who weigh less than 30kg.
Do not give to children under 2 years.
If you have severe liver problems your doctor or pharmacist may advise you to
take the recommended amount every other day. If this applies to you follow
- Swallow the tablet with a drink of water
- Do not take more than the amount recommended above
- If symptoms do not go away talk to your pharmacist or doctor
If you take more TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets than you should
If you take too many tablets by mistake contact your nearest hospital casualty
department or tell your doctor immediately. Take your tablet pack with you.
Symptoms of an overdose may include sleepiness, rapid heart beat and headache.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets can cause
side effects, although not everyone gets them.
If you get any of these serious side effects, stop taking the tablets. See a
doctor at once
- Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat (these
are severe allergic reactions)
Back right side of leaflet:-
These other side effects are less serious. If they bother you talk to a
- Other allergic reactions such as skin rash, hair loss
- Sleepiness, dizzy or exhausted, headaches, difficulty sleeping
- Feeling sick, dry mouth, stomach pain, increased appetite
- Rapid heart beat
- Change in the way your liver works
- For children of 2 to 11 years of age headaches, feeling exhausted or nervous
were more common
If any side effect becomes severe or you notice any side effect not listed
here, please tell your pharmacist or doctor.
5. HOW TO STORE TESCO ONE A DAY HAYFEVER & ALLERGY 10MG TABLETS
Check the expiry date printed on the label or side of the box. Do not use after
the expiry date stated on the label.
There are no special storage recommendations for Loratadine. However, do not
store your medicine in a very damp or very hot place, such as the bathroom or
In case of any visible signs of deterioration, you should discard the package.
Medicines should not be disposed of via waste water or household waste. Ask
your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures
help to protect the environment.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
What TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets contain:
Each TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablet contains 10mg of Loratadine.
The other ingredients are: Lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose,
maize starch, magnesium stearate.
What TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablet looks like and contents of
Each tablet is white round and flat with a scoreline. Packs are 30 and 60
tablets in blister packs in cartons.
Marketing Authorisation Holder and manufacturer
Cheshire house, Gorsey Lane,
Widnes, Cheshire WA8 0RP
Tel: 0044 207 419 5043
Date Leaflet Approved: October 2013
Carton: Each tablet contains: 10mg of Loratadine, Also contains: lactose, Leaflet: What TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablets contain: Each TESCO One a Day Hayfever & Allergy 10mg tablet contains 10mg of Loratadine, The other ingredients are: Lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, maize starch, magnesium stearate. Not applicable
- For oral use.
- Adults and children 2 years of age and over, weighing more than 30 kg
(usually a child over the age of 9 years):
Swallow one tablet a day with water. If you have severe liver problems you may
need to take one tablet every other day. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if
you think this applies to you.
- Do not give to children under the age of 2 years or weighing less than 30 kg.
DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE.