- Store in a cool dry place.
- Once open, reseal with tab provided.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
3 tbsp olive oil; 1 large onion, finely chopped; 3 cloves of garlic, crushed; 2
large tomatoes skinned, de-seeded and roughly chopped; 1 large red pepper,
de-seeded and cut into thin strips; 2 large, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
chunks; 2 tsp paprika; 300 g (10 1/2 oz) Tesco Spanish Paella Rice; large
pinch saffron; 1.2 litres (2pts) vegetable stock; salt; ground black pepper; 12
raw/cooked, peeled, tiger prawns; 3 tbsp dry sherry; 100 g (3 1/2oz) frozen
peas; 1 pack Tesco Cooked Mussels in Garlic Butter Sauce; large handful fresh
flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped; 1 unwaxed lemon, cut into wedges.
1. Heat the oil in a very large, shallow frying pan and sauté the onion for
7-8 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, red pepper, chicken
and paprika and heat gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the rice and cook for 4-5 minutes until the grains are well
coated. Add the saffron and stock. Season and bring to the boil. Reduce the
heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until almost all the
stock is absorbed.
3. Stir in the prawns, sherry and peas, then scatter the mussels over the
top of the rice, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 3-4 minutes until
the prawns are pink. Stir lightly to combine and scatter the parsley over the
4. Serve with lemon wedges and some crusty bread.
Alternately use ingredients with Tesco Ingredients Paella Seasoning.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,