Organic Durum Wholewheat semolina
- Allergy Advice! For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place and once opened use tab to reseal.
Not suitable for microwave cooking
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Fusilli with aubergines, mozzarella and tomatoes.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
300g Tesco Organic Whole-wheat Fusilli
1 Large Aubergine, diced into 1 cm cubes
4-5 tbsps. Extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2x400g cans Tesco plum tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 fresh or dried chilies, chopped (optional)
Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
4 tbsp. double cream
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to serve
1. Place a large saucepan on a medium heat and drizzle in 4 to 5 tablespoons
of extra-virgin olive oil. Add the aubergines and stir until thoroughly coated
on all sides with the oil. Cook for about 7 or 8 minutes.
2. Then add the garlic and onion and sauté until lightly browned, stir in the
canned tomatoes and the balsamic vinegar. At this point you can add the
optional chilli for a little heat.
3. Add the torn basil leaves and gently simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and set
5. At the last moment, add the cream to the tomato sauce, then gently combine
the pasta, mozzarella and serve immediately.
6.To serve: sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,