- Contains: Gluten
- Allergy Advice! Contains barley. Barley contains gluten.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using the tape provided.
Number Of Uses:
Pea and bacon barley risotto.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
1½ litres water
300g Tesco Pearl Barley
300g smoked back bacon, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
200g button mushrooms, quartered
1litre vegetable stock
160g garden peas
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan over a high heat, add the
pearl barley and boil for 10 minutes, then drain and rinse thoroughly.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the bacon and fry
for 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly,
then add the pearl barley and cook for a further 30 seconds.
4. Stir the stock into the mixture, reduce the heat to a low and simmer for 35
minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the peas, season to taste and simmer for 10 minutes, then serve
Sprinkle with a few shaving of Parmesan cheese.
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,