Durum Wheat Semolina
- Allergy Advice! For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, reseal using tab provided.
Not suitable for microwave cooking.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
The penne shape works well with a chunky tomato sauce, as the hollow centre
allows it to hold sauce, while the slanted ends act as scoops. A versatile
shape that can be served hot or cold.
Penne with tomatoes and Mascarpone cheese
Cooking time: 15 minutes
300g Quick Cook Penne
1tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1x400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2tbsp tomato puree
1tsp caster sugar
200g Mascarpone cheese
Handful of basil leaves, torn
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Sauté the
garlic until it has softened then add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and
sugar. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain.
3. Add the Mascarpone to the saucepan, and stir until it has melted into the
sauce. Place the drained pasta into the saucepan and combine gently.
4. Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and serve immediately. Season with sea salt
and freshly ground black pepper.
* Or for a quicker recipe, simply use one of our delicious Tesco Pasta Sauces!
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,