- Allergy Advice! May contain nuts, sesame and milk.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using the tab provided.
Smoked Mackerel, Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
150g Tesco Quinoa
250g sweet potatoes
½ red onion, diced
210g fine beans & tenderstem broccoli
250g smoked mackerel
20g pumpkin seeds
1. Cook the quinoa following the on pack instructions, then drain thoroughly.
2. Meanwhile, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 20mm chunks and place into
a large saucepan. Cover with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil over a
high heat. Once the water is boiling reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15
minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft, then drain thoroughly.
3. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, sweat the chopped onion in a small
lidded frying pan over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Trim the ends of the beans and the broccoli but otherwise keep them whole,
if the broccoli florets are large in size you can slice them in half
lengthways. Lightly steam them together for 5 minutes so that they have
softened slightly but are still crisp.
5. Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets and break them into large flakes.
6. Chop the cucumber into 20mm chunks and mix together with the quinoa, sweet
potato, onion, beans, broccoli, and the flaked mackerel in a large dish.
7. Just before serving, lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a small dry frying
pan over a low heat for 30 seconds until the seeds start to pop, taking care to
ensure they do not burn, and sprinkle them over the top of the salad.
Delicious on its own or with mixed salad leaves.
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,