Durum Wholewheat semolina
- Allergy Advice! For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, reseal using tab provided.
Not suitable for microwave cooking.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
The penne shape works well with a chunky tomato sauce, as the hollow centre
allows it to hold sauce, while the slanted ends act as scoops. A versatile
shape which can be served hot or cold.
Wholewheat penne with aubergines & mozzarella
Cooking time: 25 minutes
300g Tesco Wholewheat Penne
4-5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 large aubergine, diced into 1 cm cubes
2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2x400g tins Tesco Plum Tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 to 2 fresh or dried chilies, chopped (optional)
Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
4 tbsps double cream
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to serve
1. Place a large saucepan on a medium heat and drizzle in 4 to 5 tablespoons of
extra-virgin olive oil. Add the aubergines and stir until thoroughly coated on
all sides with the oil. Cook for about 7-8 minutes.
2. Then add the garlic and onion and sauté until lightly browned, stir in the
canned tomatoes and the balsamic vinegar. At this point you can add the
optional chilli for a little heat.
3. Add the torn basil leaves and gently simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and set
5. At the last moment, add the cream to the tomato sauce, and then gently
combine the pasta and mozzarella.
6. Serve immediately and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
* Or for a quicker recipe, simply use one of our delicious Tesco Pasta Sauces!
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,