- Allergy Advice! May contain wheat. Wheat contains gluten
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal using the tape provided.
Number Of Uses:
Yellow Split Pea Soup
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
125g Tesco Yellow Split Peas
1lt vegetable stock
100g onion, diced
140g sweet potato, diced
140g carrot, sliced
50g spinach leaves
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Thoroughly rinse the yellow split peas, drain thoroughly and place into a
large saucepan with the vegetable stock over a medium heat.
2. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to
low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Skim off and discard any frothy foam from the top of the stock with a
4. Add the onion, sweet potato and carrot and simmer for a further 20 minutes,
until all of the vegetables are fully cooked.
5. Stir in the spinach leaves and transfer to a food processor or liquidiser.
Blend the soup for 2-3 minutes or until no lumps remain.
6. Transfer the soup back to the saucepan, lightly season to taste and bring
back to the boil over a medium heat before serving.
Serve with a swirl of crème fraîche or a sprinkle of crispy pan fried diced
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Cheshunt EN8 9SL,